- Become part of the hospice patient care team.
- Opportunities as a Transitions program volunteer.
- Volunteer for non-clinical office-based work.
- Opportunities for community-based volunteers.
Donating your time as a volunteer with Partners In Care can truly change your life – and the lives of others. By working with our Hospice team of specialists or our Transitions team — or by simply volunteering with our office or working with our community-based volunteer team — our volunteers have the unique and rewarding opportunity to help people when they need it most. The simplest kind of support can make a meaningful difference to someone in need of our services – and offer a rewarding and enriching experience for you.
As a valued volunteer at Partners In Care, you become a member of a team that is committed to surrounding our patients and their families with compassionate care. If you have a caring heart, are sensitive to the needs of others, and are willing to give of your time, this experience may be perfect for you.
UPCOMING ORIENTATION & TRAINING: March 7 and 14. (Please complete an application and initial interview prior to attending.)
How can I help?
Volunteers can be essential in the lives of our patients and families in so many ways, and we offer assistance and training to help start the process.
- Offer comfort and reassurance
- Help run errands and / or take patients on a short outing
- Provide brief breaks for family caregivers
- Play games, cards, or your guitar!
- Help cook a favorite meal
- Listen to favorite memories, feelings or fears
- Make supportive calls or visits for grief or spiritual care
- Help out in the Partners In Care office, Hospice House or at events