- This event has passed.
Community Education: An Introduction to Conscious Aging
August 19, 2016 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
An Introduction to Conscious Aging
How does consciousness matter in aging?
An overview of an 8-week course presented by Friends of Hospice at Partners In Care
- Explore assumptions about aging, and how they might limit our worldview and own aging process
- Develop self-compassion to effectively cope with change, worry, and stress associated with aging
- Discover and reflect on what gives meaning and purpose to our lives and how that affects our own aging
- Enhance connection and reduce isolation from others by understanding our shared humanity in the aging process
- Reduce fear and increase acceptance in the presence of death and Dying for ourselves and for our loved ones
Cheryl Adcox, RN, and Alex Weiss, LPC, certified facilitators for the Conscious Aging workshop series
Friday, August 19, 12–1pm
No cost. Light lunch provided.
RSVP to (541) 382-5882 required to reserve your spot.
Community Education meets at Partners In Care,
2075 NE Wyatt Court, Bend, OR 97701