How Hospice Can Help
Although death is a natural part of life, the thought of dying can still be understandably unsettling for many of us. Compassionate hospice services can reduce anxiety in both the terminally-ill patient and their family by enabling the patient to live as fully and comfortably as possible—to make the most of the time remaining.
While caring for a family member with a life-limiting illness can be stressful, it doesn’t have to be faced alone. Partners In Care brings specialized medical and comfort care to patients in their own familiar, reassuring environments, surrounded by family, friends, and even pets. By focusing on relief of suffering and on easing the burdens that might accompany illness, our goal is to promote an optimal quality of life for our patients, their families, and their caregivers.
What We Will Do
- Personalize a thoughtful care plan with the patient and family
- Manage physical symptoms and keep the patient comfortable
- Provide emotional and spiritual support for the patient and family
- Help patient and family understand changes in ongoing medical condition
- Help with daily living activities
- Teach family members the skills to help confidently care for loved ones
- Work with your primary caregiver to provide information about your care and
changes that might occur
- Assist with resources, referrals, and education that might be helpful
- Offer bereavement support at no cost for loved ones and their families