How Do Volunteers Help?
Our valued volunteers play a vital role in the exceptional service and support provided by Partners In Care. Each volunteer shares his or her heart, time and skills to make a positive and rewarding impact with our patients, family members, caregivers and community.
Numerous opportunities are available for volunteers, whether you choose to have direct patient contact or are helping with other supportive activities.
- Friendly visits with a patient as you listen to their stories, read to them, take walks together, play games, listen to their favorite music, look through photo albums, write letters, watch television, or simply be quietly present.
- Caregiver respite relief so that that main caregiver can receive a needed break and recharge.
- Run errands on behalf of a patient or family member.
- Record a patient sharing their life stories via video, audio or written transcription.
- Assist at our Hospice House by supporting the staff or providing music.
- Become part of our HosPet therapy program and visit with your registered therapy animal.
- Be in regular contact with our Transitions clients.
- Assist with care for the gardens and grounds.
- Assist with our annual flu clinics in October.
- Educate groups in the community about hospice care.
- Provide help with our monthly bereavement potluck.
- Represent Partners In Care at a health fair or festival.
Upcoming Volunteer Orientation Dates
Winter 2020 (Bend)
- Thursday, February 20th, 1:30-5:00pm
- Saturday, February 22nd, 8:30am-noon
Stories of Service
How Do I Become a Volunteer?
Familiarize yourself with the various volunteer opportunities presented on this page. Is there a particular opportunity that interests you?
Once received, your application will be reviewed and an interview scheduled. All volunteer applicants must attend a 2-day orientation and pass a drug screening, criminal background check, and test for tuberculosis (TB). Please check our calendar to see when our next orientation is scheduled.
We realize that people do enjoy traveling and taking vacations throughout the year and we are able to accommodate travel schedules with appropriate volunteer assignments.